Friday, July 6

postcard #2...

today i awoke to no rain..."yipee"

i said to myself this is the perfect day to show some british birds
my talents...so i took myself over to the park and got a couple of local lads to join in a game of soccer (known as football on this island)

before i showed these lads how the game was played, i removed my rather attractive 70's crocheted kipper tie that i had scored at the thift store yesterday (known as a charity shop...i am learning lots of the local terminology and am beginning to blend in quite well)


i played my pesky little heart out as goalie...but was completely unappreciated when my team lost by 67 to 3, the lads blamed me, told me i was a load of rubbish and then left for the pub without asking me to join them...sniff, worst still not a single chick walked past to see my impressive goalie skills...


going to bed early and alone ~ a pesky gnome

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No rain for a change! Some kind of miracle lately.

Diane said...

The last action photo is priceless. Was it a save or a goal?

picperfic said...

it's so good to have you here! Now if you fancy a cup of tea just ask ok?

Francesca said...

never mind gnome, they're not worth it! and you'll pick up many a lady gnome in that handsome tie.